Sunday, May 01, 2011

 

Post no. 1002

A colleague of mine related the following to me..
Lets call him Bolt. I cannot understand why since Usain Bolt was not even famous a dozen years ago.
It was that time of the year when our bosses apprise our performance for the past year.

--------------------------
Boss: Bolt. Im sorry.

Bolt : Boss, You are scaring me.

Boss: Despite your hard work over the past year, i cannot promote you. In fact, im promoting your colleague, M.C.

Bolt : Boss, did i not do enough?

Boss: Bolt, I must assure you that you had done enough. In fact, many were very impressed with your work attitude, your endless contribution and the countless hours of OT that you put in over the past year. We were also very grateful to you for your extraordinary vision and how you dipped into your savings to steer this company through the recent financial crisis. This company is forever grateful to you but....

Bolt : *Sniff. But Boss, M.C never did put in a day of OT over the past year and had no contribution to show for the entire year. He hasnt even closed a single deal for the entire year!!! *Sniff

Boss: Bolt, i understand. But M.C has promised to put in alot more effort in the coming year and has agreed that he will use half his pay to buy supplies for the pantry...As such, i would like to see what he can do. I mean.. i would like to have an alternative if you decide to quit this company. He does sound very promising despite his inactivity since employment...

Bolt : But its all talk....

Boss: Enough.. pls sign here..
-------------------

I feel totally injust for my friend, Bolt. I guess this organisation does not believe in meritocracy. I think its time i look for a new company. In the meantime, i would moderate my contributions to this company asi do not wanna be disappointed during the next apprisal.

Regards
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?